11.25.2014

Bad Beauty Advice and Social Media

I love social media, like YouTube, blogs and Pin Interest, but I am starting to notice a lot of beauty people giving out bad beauty advice. Don't get me wrong, there are so pretty kick buns, beauty people out there. That are talent at what they do, but there are also a lot of average people giving advice like they are professionals. While, I believe you don't have to be a professional to give out advice. I DO believe that you should have a good understand of what you are talking about. I am not try to troll on anyone, but I have seen some nightmares!!

What really had me wanting to talk about this is when it comes to hair coloring and Youtube. Ok, hair color is one of those things that you really should have some idea of what you are talking about. There is so much when it comes to hair coloring like levels, tones, and process.

Now, I know that a lot of you, more than likely think that I am hating, but I am not. I just don't want my beautiful readers to follow everything they see someone on social media doing. And not all professional are the best either, I am not say that.

What I am saying is do your own research, don't treat you hair(Or whatever) like someone else (It might not turn out the same way.) and find out how creditable the person giving you advice is.

You could end up saving yourself a lot of trouble. Social Media is crowd with (SOME) individual trying to get famous or copy other people. <-- Those type of people normally fade out, but the content reminds. So, be careful! There is nothing wrong with following someone for their personally, just wanna put that out there, too.

To the Social Media Context Makers
There is nothing wrong with sharing your ideas with people/readers, if you talented and interesting. Just keep them informed that you weren't a professional.

I don't know if it's a ego, or what.. but making readers/viewers believe that you are something that you were is wrong. Viewers/readers put a lot of trust into social media. Please present yourself correctly if you are doing something that could harm/damage or ruin something/someone.

There is nothing wrong with being a normal person with a great personally(or whatever). You can get viewers and readers, by being you. And if not why does it matter this should be something you like doing! A passion, hobby or whatever.

If you want to offer better information go to school to learn more about the topic you are tell people about or deeply study or shadow a pro!

Lots of love,

Kiki O.

P.S I am not talk about one, just in general. And I am sorry if I hurt anyone feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular